Marian Jean Patchen
The defense of physicians and their professional corporations in medical malpractice cases. Has represented specialty groups including: interventional cardiology, OB/GYN, plastic surgery, urology, radiology, interventional radiology, family practice, internal medicine, nephrology, physiatry, orthopedic surgery, ophthalmology, general surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, gastroenterology, emergency medicine, pathology, neurology, otolaryngology (ENT) and pediatrics.
- "Risk Management Rounds for Physicians," for Pennsylvania Physicians, Sheraton Hotel, Mars, PA, August 21, 2003.
- "Risk Management Rounds: Physicians," for Pennsylvania Physicians, Wyndham Pittsburgh Airport, Pittsburgh, PA, May 30, 2002.
- "Risk Awareness For Physicians," for Pennsylvania Physicians, Pittsburgh Airport Marriott, Pittsburgh, PA, September 5, 2001.
- "Real Cases from the Medical/Legal World," Refresher Course in Family Practice, Personal Enrichment Workshop, Continuing Medical Education Seminar. Sponsored by UPMC St. Margaret and University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences. Omni William Penn, Pittsburgh, PA, June 15, 2001.
- Guest Lecturer for Cyril Wecht, MD, JD, Law and Medicine Class, Duquesne University School of Law, February 21, 2001.
- "Tort Law Update: Medical Malpractice," PBI Seminar, Westin William Penn, Pittsburgh, PA, November 16, 2000.
- "Risk Management," St. Margaret's Memorial Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, November 15, 2000.
- "Risk Management," Sheraton Inn, Warrendale, PA, August 19, 1997.